An Herbal~Apple Cider Vinegar Concentrate for All Seasons
A Slimming, Energizing Healthy Concentrate
“Health comes from the farm, not the pharmacy,” as I write in The Curative Kitchen.
When I was barely 17, I learned the secrets to living a healthy, balanced life from grandmother, Fritzie. At that time in my life, my diet was deplorable. Meat, sweets, and white refined-flour breads were my daily pleasures and my health sorely suffered as a result. I was rarely without allergies, and I carried copious amounts of tissues with me everywhere to wipe my runny nose, deal with my sneezing and to take care of all the extra mucus that I was coughing up. It was not a pretty picture and my physician apprised me that I would have to live with this condition forever.
One day when I was visiting with my grandmother, telling her what I learned from my doctor, Fritzie told me that if I followed her healthful guidance and suggestions 100 percent, she guaranteed that not only would my allergies and sinus problems clear up within 30 days, my entire life would also profoundly change for the better: my acne would clear up, my energy would soar, the extra weight I was carrying would fall away, and my attitude would change from negative to positive. Needless to say, she had my attention, and for the next several hours and days (and eventually years), I learned a variety of health practices that—even though they sounded weird and strange at that time—still touched a responsive cord in my heart. That well-known adage, “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear,” was definitely true for me with my grandmother’s loving support. I was ready and my entire life would change for the better because of that wonderful, memorable day with Fritzie—when my new approach to healthy living was engendered.
Along with comprehensive guidance on the healing power of natural, plant-based foods, herbs and spices and the importance of cultivating a positive attitude, she taught me the specifics of taking great care of my body so that my body would be better equipped to take great care of me—in other words, how to live a sacred, balanced vibrantly healthy life. One of the health foods she encouraged me to take every day was raw apple cider vinegar. She had me put one to two tablespoons into a glass of water (about 10 – 12 ounces) and drink it down at least once daily. Within days of consuming this new beverage, I began to feel better, and it’s been part of my healthy living program for decades — that is until a few months ago when I discovered a fantastic liquid herbal concentrate called Slender Cider. (Refer to my healthy eating and living books — Health Bliss, Be Healthy~Stay Balanced, Recipes for Health Bliss and The Healing Power of NatureFoods — for detailed information on healthy foods/recipes and living with vibrancy.) From my grandmother’s loving guidance, I chose my life career; my passion for alternative and holistic heath was born. And because of her holistic health teachings, I have never taken any prescription medication in my life. Instead, I choose to live close to Nature and listen to my body’s whisperings. To learn more about my favorite apple cider vinegar~herbal concentrate, continue reading.
These days, instead of drinking raw apple cider vinegar, I take Slender Cider daily. It is so satisfying and the perfect supplement to help you promote a healthy digestion, support weight loss, reduce appetite, increase mental alertness and energy, enhance stamina, and curb cravings for sugar and refined carbohydrates. The combination of the 11 healing herbs, spices and foods with the raw apple cider vinegar supercharges the absorption of the nutrients and enzymes, and I also love that Slender Cider contains no alcohol, no stimulants, no fillers, and no refined sugar. It’s a natural concentrate that the entire family will love. I used to take all of the healing herbs and spices found in this stellar product individually, so now I don’t need to because they are all contained in this concentrate. When I find ways to simplify my daily schedule and health program, it makes me very happy, so this delicious product has streamlined my wellness program and makes me happy because it’s so effective.
Here are some of the healing herbs and superfoods found in Slender Cider and a very brief description of how they benefit the body. It’s their synergistic effect that makes this product work so well in healing the body and promoting vitality.
- • Turmeric — A versatile root and culinary spice, it supports joint function and mobility; healthy inflammatory response; and potent antioxidant defense. Turmeric also helps lower cholesterol.
- • Ginger Root — This warming circulatory tonic is an anti-inflammatory, supports healthy digestion, and promotes joint flexibility and comfort. It is also excellent to quell all kinds of nausea.
- • Schizandra — In Chinese herbalism, this rejuvenative berry has a reputation for boosting vitality and endurance, as well as for promoting healthy liver function. It’s also known as Wu Wei Zi or “five-flavor fruit” because it tastes sweet, spicy, sour, bitter and salty.
- • Chickweed Leaf — Herbalists recommend it as a primary ingredient in creams and herbal baths for soothing dry, itchy skin. It also helps support bronchial, sinus and respiratory health, supports cellulite elimination and is used to gently curb the appetite.
- • Fennel Seeds — The aromatic fennel seeds are an all-natural support for superior digestive and gastrointestinal health. They’ve been used for generations to alleviate gas, bloating, fullness, upset stomach, and occasional heartburn.
- • Cinnamon — Cinnamon is now the subject of numerous studies. Why? Its natural compounds are credited with supporting healthy glucose metabolism and effectively maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. It’s a warming tonic that also promotes good digestion and helps to alleviate an upset stomach.
- • Lemon Peel — Lemon peel is a potent detoxifier. It kills some types of intestinal parasites, such as roundworms, and dissolves gallstones. Some studies have found that the oil in lemon called limonene, even helps treat some forms of cancer such as breast cancer.
- • Cloves — While you may recognize the scent of clove and its essential oil from the dentist office (used as a numbing ingredient), for years herbalists have recommended the spice to soothe nausea and gas, and to promote healthy digestion. It helps to alleviate belching, too.
- • Cayenne — This spice invigorates circulatory health and nourishes vital arteries and capillaries for improved blood flow throughout the entire body. It also curbs the appetite, boosts metabolism and fires up your internal furnace.
- • Anise — In addition to its culinary uses, anise has traditionally been used for relieving indigestion, nausea and bloating. It also quiets coughs and supports respiratory function, so you can breathe easier.
- • Cleavers Leaf — This is one of nature’s best-kept secrets for gently cleansing and flushing the body. It supports urinary tract function, while gently supporting lymphatic function to help flush toxins from the body. It’s a natural diuretic and blood purifier, and it promotes healthy skin.
How to Use Slender Cider
The directions on the bottle say to shake well and then mix one to two capfuls (tablespoons) of Slender Cider with 12-16 ounces of water after waking and between meals, one to three times per day. This is what I usually do. But there are other effective ways that you can use this product that I have tested with great results on many of my clients, family, friends, and neighbors.
- • Sunburn or Stove Burn — If you get a sunburn or a burn from the stove or oven, take this solution that you made above and put it into a spray bottle and chill it in the refrigerator. Then spray the sunburned areas and it will reduce the heat and inflammation and give you a feeling a relief.
- • Bug Bites, Bee Stings — If you have a mosquito or other bug bite or a bee sting (first remove the stinger with a dull knife), put some of the beverage on a cotton square and gently rub the bite or simply leave the hydrated cotton square directly on the bite. The inflammation will go down and the pain will subside in seconds. Keep it on the bite for as long as you can — at least 10 minutes.
- • Irritated Skin — If you have dermatitis or other inflamed skin issues, such as eczema, follow the directions for the sunburn above and spray the effected areas with the chilled solution.
- • Slender Cider Tomato Smoothie — Into a blender, put 3-4 ripe tomatoes, one stalk celery, ¼ cup cashews and 1-2 capfuls of the Slender Cider concentrate. This makes a delicious, satisfying and nutritious smoothie with a spicy flavor that you’ll love. It’s like a Bloody Mary without the alcohol — a spicy tomato juice.
- • Tea Enhancement — To any cup of tea you are drinking, such as green tea, chamomile, or rose hips, add in a teaspoon of the concentrate and stir. It increases the nutritional value of the tea and adds a zingy flavor. It works well in hot, room temperature, or iced teas.
- • After Dinner Digestive Aid — If you have eaten too much, or too many foods during the meal and you experience an upset stomach, take this concentrate as directed above mixed with the water and sip it slowly as you would tea. Or you can add a capful in your favorite after-dinner tea for quick relief, such as peppermint or spearmint tea.
- • Slender Cider Chia Blast — Chia seeds are definitely a superfood and oh-so-good for you, as I write about on another page of my Blog. For a powerful chia blast, fill the bottle or a glass with the simple Slender Cider recipe using 2 capfuls in 16 ounces of water. Add 1-3 tablespoons of chia seeds, stir or shake, and let it sit for a couple hours or longer. The seeds thicken the mixture and give it an different flavor and texture. I use 3 tablespoons and enjoy this mixture several times weekly. Three tablespoons equals about 1/4 cup of seeds, which is a good about to have in your diet daily. Chia seeds are rich in omega 3's, protein, calcium, fiber, and other beneficial nutrients.
While you’ve now got all of these other ideas on how to use this apple cider vinegar and herbal concentrate, my favorite way to consume it is in water, one to three times a day as the perfect weight loss supplement. In a very informal study with a few of my clients desiring to lose weight, it was very effective indeed. Each in my study mixed the concentrate in water three times a day and changed nothing else in their daily programs. Among the 12 subjects over a period of one week, eight lost weight — between two and five pounds, and four of them lost one to two pounds. Everyone reported feeling a greater sense of well-being, increased energy, improved digestion, and more endurance during workouts and daily routines.
So what do you have to lose except extra weight and many health issues? It costs less than one dollar a serving, comes with a free drinking bottle, and is the perfect alternative to unhealthy, sugary sodas and other beverages that give you calories and little to no nutritional value. Slender Cider nourishes, balances, cleanses, and helps to reduce cravings.
Here’s my suggestion: Commit to taking this product for one month, just 30 days. At the end of only one month, you will marvel at how much better you’ll feel and look. I thank my lucky stars that I found this Slender Cider and have it to take daily.
For more information on Susan's latest book titles (including Walking on Air, The Joy Factor, Be Healthy~Stay Balanced, The Healing Power of NatureFoods, Health Bliss, Recipes for Health Bliss, and for children ages 1-10 Vegetable Soup/The Fruit Bowl), visit the pages of this website. Or to order any of her products, please call: 1-800-523-9971-5743 (US & Canada) or 215-632-6100 (Intl), both ET M - F • 9 - 5. With each purchase of any of Susan's books above through these telephone numbers, you can get a bonus gift of her booklet/CD combo Nature's Medicine Chest.